Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
That is the funniest Effin Photoshop I have ever seen..I am tired and pissed off...but I am still lauging out loud at that GD picture of 2million jar tops in an extension box.....

Thank you for that.....

1.) I can't see what brand of filter you have there... but it looks like regulator and filter are both on the main and not near the drip valves. Are they both rated for constant pressure?

(I prefer a Wilkins BR-4 for reducing pressure on multiple zones.)

2.) Where are the emitters? What kind? What kind of plants are being watered, and are they new or established?

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Oops.. wrote all that while I was still on page 1.

But really, why not a better regulator?
that reducer is just fine....

we got her running off the well all day..That job ended up being 10 packets shy of 2 cases of netafim staples,3700 feet of netafim...

she was pumping like a kitten when she started..i have some pics ill upload...
for you irrigation heathens....

Discussion starter · #48 ·
here is some more pix for the masses...this is the final fase of our 3700 feet of drip...im glad its over.....but it came out fantastic....purred like a kitten
here are the pics in no order
Yes i did get netafim in this tight area...yes it was hard..it was a tuffy this tree has a ton of thorns

An idea of how steep this hill was.....and and idea of how much the HOMEOWNER has decided to change already..I personally think its way to much..

The service road to get the plants in taken from the west side of job.

The supply shed empty...quite different than the begining of the job

A pic of the air relif valve i installed....1 of 2 on tree install

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Yaa..the masses are getting really excited over the pics ROTAR, like we're
learning from it????
from what i have seen this place is full of homeowners looking to learn about irrigation......

mike-werent you the one who wanted to see install pics in the first place?

The east side of section 2 drip zones all finished

A pic of the trench that is gettin coupled up

and a few pics of pullin inch and a quarter ....God i love poly pipe...

Pic of the bullet.....some people call it a step grip for puling poly..goes up to inch and a half

Always double clamp when using the step grip

The pull look @ the nice line it leaves

pulling the pipe to the place of couple for the grass zone

Got to love getting close to the pipe...makes easy for digging

Always pull past leave room work...never make the pull tight

Big feeds double clamp always always keep it neat

w00t!

Discussion starter · #52 ·
That sure is a "little" tattoo
Thats the hoss.....He used to run some serious poly pipe crews back in the day..

16 Z's any type of diggin said done in 8hrs....Made his old company some loot...I am learning the art of pulling right now....Today i hit my first piece of old galvi in the ground...prob wont be the last..

Today = only 4 z's said done in 6 hrs...not bad with 3 guys.

rotard... dont let them knock you... everyone loves sprinkler pics...

but..

you're learning the art of pulling pipe right? Why in the heck are you using crimp clamps everytime you pull a line? One turn clamp with a pair of T handles and it'll be a lot faster... and cheaper

Discussion starter · #54 ·
rotard... dont let them knock you... everyone loves sprinkler pics...

but..

you're learning the art of pulling pipe right? Why in the heck are you using crimp clamps everytime you pull a line? One turn clamp with a pair of T handles and it'll be a lot faster... and cheaper
Thank you BSME.We have a "KING" grip for the 1 inch and 3/4..BUT we have to use the STEP grip for our inch and 1/2,inch and 1/4...Cause we dont have a "king"grip for those yet..and yes it is expensive to use 2 clamps every pull, but its better than digging as we all know...:cool2: :cool2:

Ill keep posting random jobs if you all want me to.....
Have a great day irritators!!!!

ED

Ill keep posting random jobs if you all want me to.....
Have a great day irritators!!!!

ED
Keep posting pics. I'll try to do the same. Good repair pics are hard to come by though. Getting a new camera from Amazon a Sony T 100 or whatever. My assistant has one and was showing me stuff on it. Really cool.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Keep posting pics. I'll try to do the same. Good repair pics are hard to come by though. Getting a new camera from Amazon a Sony T 100 or whatever. My assistant has one and was showing me stuff on it. Really cool.
we slammed a 4 Z PGP job in about 5-6 hours yesterday..It was so busy I forgot to grab the camera cause I was either pounding water or working...
But i get paid well and its my job to make sure all the connections are done right..Thats why during lunch I prepped ever head and almost every fitting...Its a must to get the pup doing something easy like burry heads/dig @ first...Then we get him to prep.
I will give it to the guy though, he dug ever trench I asked him to with out complaining...This guy claims to have run crews and stuff...But he dont know where to put the dirt when he digs a valve box.....So its my job to keep an eye on him...Granted a loose eye but an eye none the less..

RP-I will continue to post pics....BTW thanks for sending those nozzles I'm going to check the PO BOX soon...Much appr..

ED(ROTARD)

I'd always tried to keep a pup doing something meaningfull but not where he
could screw anything serious up....He'd have to have a year (at least) before
glue & manifold building...& some people never proceed to the next level:
I finally fired a nice guy because he never figured where the Marlex ell went,
& most importantly, why.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
I'd always tried to keep a pup doing something meaningfull but not where he
could screw anything serious up....He'd have to have a year (at least) before
glue & manifold building...& some people never proceed to the next level:
I finally fired a nice guy because he never figured where the Marlex ell went,
& most importantly, why.
Mike-are you joking? I was glue/manifold building my first 2 months....My HOSS(teacher) had me learn quick....I learned so much The company sent me to school in texas 2 years later...I make my boss some $$ and he pays me well...As far as the pups, its tuff but your right...Burying heads on my jobsite= something meaningful but nothing serious...I love this one..
This job i am on is a dirt job..so HOME RUN pound em in !!! BUT the pup wasnt packing his heads..and infront of him/HOSS i fixed the pup's head with out saying a word..The pup saw me fix his work and was smart enough to understand pack the FAcking thing in or else you not doing it right..Thats how i have been teaching him and he is very receptive.....THANK GOD...

posting some serious pics coming soon guys.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.