A couple 0f my work pics.

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
I never took any pics of work before. I may as well start to and post some now then. This the same lawn on the same day. 2nd pic is of it dethatched and aerated. I told the customer I will be going back to aerate it again after he powers up his sprinklers because its so dry it didn't plug too well. The 1st lawn other than my own I've used the Turfco XT5 on. BTW, if anyone wants to buy a Turfco product don't bother paying extra for the Suburu engine. It is the hardest starting thing I've ever seen. just starting it this morning to load into the trailer it took about 50 pulls and my bad back was already totally spent before I even left the house. Not a good way to start the day. Then I had a belt blow on the Quick 36 so I had finsh cleaning up the thatch with a 21', ooh what fun that was.

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

scotts lawn care

LawnSite Senior Member
Looks good. How much aerating and dethatching do you do a season? I dont get asked much for it around here.

teye69

LawnSite Member
I have a Ryan Lawnaire V and is like new bought it used for $1750.00 last fall.
It does not leave plugs. The unit makes nice clean holes about 3 inches deep but no
plugs. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do to correct this issue? Thanks in advance

OP
WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
Looks good. How much aerating and dethatching do you do a season? I dont get asked much for it around here.
When I was in this business the first time I did about 40-50 dethatchings and 20 aeratings in the spring. I quit the business for a year a and half so I'm starting from scratch with more compitition than ever. To be totally honest I don't exactly love this line of work but I hated the job I was in because of low pay, no benifits, and being treated like crap. I'm working injured right now so I'm not sure how much of this work I will be pushing. I went and got checked for a hernia in my upper stomach, the Dr. thaught it was just torn cartlidge and muscle tissue. A couple days later I'm not so sure. I think now more than ever its a hernia but I'll have to work the rest of the season with it and do an operation in late fall. Hope I hold out till then, I'm in plenty of pain daily. This year I'd like to shoot for 60-75 powerrakings and 100+ aeratings since I have a new machine.

Agape

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a Ryan Lawnaire V and is like new bought it used for $1750.00 last fall.
It does not leave plugs. The unit makes nice clean holes about 3 inches deep but no
plugs. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do to correct this issue? Thanks in advance
If your tines, spikes have rounded tips you can use a flap disk and grind 1/8th inch or less off the tips at a slight angle to open them up so the new pluggs can go in better and push the previous ones out- if that makes any sense.