Lawn Care Forum banner

A Few Loggering Pictures......

7K views 49 replies 15 participants last post by  AMCAT 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures of a small logging job we did recently.... (sorry only have pictures of the one machine had a T190 too yet with a winch)

Plant Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Tree

Plant Tree Sky Wood Logging

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Wood

See less See more
#2 ·
I never seen a heal boom attachment for a skid steer before :laugh:

It works good thou for short wood I don't think you could heal any of the trees I deal with :canadaflag:

Post some more pictures :drinkup:

#7 ·
I need one of them, I got a job to get the trees that fell on the dam off and out of the pond with out hurting the trees on the land behind the pond...
this is the company that makes them, the owner of company was along to try out his attachments and he will make a slight change so it works better yet to heal them:rolleyes: (i guess i needed to pile them up so i did it that way:))

http://www.martatch.com/

#15 ·
Yes that's right, wish i had some pictures of that machine yet, i didn't take them myself, he likely figured he would take pictures of best machine:laugh::laugh::laugh: (no offense meant)
hey!! :laugh: its good

What did you think about it? How did it do for dragging the wood out? I am thinking of maybe rigging something up like that for a tractor so I dont have to rent 2 pieces of equipment,

#16 ·
hey!! :laugh: its good

What did you think about it? How did it do for dragging the wood out? I am thinking of maybe rigging something up like that for a tractor so I dont have to rent 2 pieces of equipment,
Worked really good!! (i didn't operate it myself but watched a few times) he would winch them to trail (to save small trees) then i would drag them out to the landing (i had 2-speed so i did that) boy what fun!!! Martatch does makes those grapple's with a winch built onto them (all-in-one type of thing) :rolleyes::)

#17 · (Edited)
not to hijack but here is some b.c. interior logging clean up from this past summer, that I did.
Pic 1. there was a road that i rehabed through that block, you can olny tell were it was becuase of the flipped stumps. Then in the distance is the same block( it was a couplr hundred acres) And i had pilied all the slash piles.
Pic 2 Shows a decompacked landing, and two roads that where put to bed the day before. you will be hard pressed to find those roads.
Pic 3 shows a gmc work truck....i had to put that in there after someone had mentioned gm's are junk off road....we got have had ov 20 of them and never had problems.
Pic 4 Shows my site prep, clean up chariot... hyundai 210lc-3 high walker forestry excavator.
Pic 5 Shows another view of pic 2, you can see the two roads that were rehabbed and the block in which i was up to the counterwieght in mud"gardening" as we call it, cleaning up skidder and buncher ruts in the mud.
We are road side loggers meaning we use skidders, in which someone in this board says is not used anymore..?
I would put up my own thread of pics, but it would just get ridiculed by a board member, because of the stuff we do, and how he has said they dont do that in b.c., although we have been doing it longer that he has been alive, so i have not yet.

btw can anybody guess this member?

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Mountain

Cloud Sky Plant community Terrain Mountain

Cloud Tire Wheel Plant Sky

Sky Cloud Plant Vehicle Composite material

Cloud Sky Plant community Plant Tree

#18 ·
just a correction (i could not edit 10 mins after to correct and add thing)
Pic 5 shows a road that is half rehabed.
We are road side loggers meaning we use skidders, in which someone on this board says is not used anymore in b.c...?

I would put up my own thread of pics, but it would just get ridiculed by a board member, because of the stuff we do, and how he has said they dont do that in b.c., although we have been doing it longer that he has been alive, so i have yet to make my own thread, haha isnt that how society is these days, one person wrecks it for everyone, sh!tty i know (for the people who would enjoy the pics) but really I dont have time to argue with "the sky is falling" as he knows everything
:canadaflag:

#20 ·
not to hijack but here is some b.c. interior logging clean up from this past summer, that I did.
Pic 1. there was a road that i rehabed through that block, you can olny tell were it was becuase of the flipped stumps. Then in the distance is the same block( it was a couplr hundred acres) And i had pilied all the slash piles.
Pic 2 Shows a decompacked landing, and two roads that where put to bed the day before. you will be hard pressed to find those roads.
Pic 3 shows a gmc work truck....i had to put that in there after someone had mentioned gm's are junk off road....we got have had ov 20 of them and never had problems.
Pic 4 Shows my site prep, clean up chariot... hyundai 210lc-3 high walker forestry excavator.
Pic 5 Shows another view of pic 2, you can see the two roads that were rehabbed and the block in which i was up to the counterwieght in mud"gardening" as we call it, cleaning up skidder and buncher ruts in the mud.
We are road side loggers meaning we use skidders, in which someone in this board says is not used anymore..?
I would put up my own thread of pics, but it would just get ridiculed by a board member, because of the stuff we do, and how he has said they dont do that in b.c., although we have been doing it longer that he has been alive, so i have not yet.

btw can anybody guess this member?
Is that upper BC?

Just post the pics, screw GR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.