Lawn Care Forum banner

a good wholesale nursery in north georgia???

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TysonsTree 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a good wholesale nursery in North Georgia? We normally just do maintenance and have a couple of our customers that'd like us to do some small install jobs.

Any help would be great!

#2 ·
Have you tried Pikes Wholesale? They opened one off of exit 12 on 400. There are about 4 wholesale nurserys right in the area. I'm out of the Forsyth and Cherokee area. I'm not sure of any nurserys north of here. I think there's a John Deer closer to you near 400 just above Cumming.

#3 ·
I think the John Deere place is just south of Winward. I haven't been by the Pike's place on McFarland yet that'll be the next stop. I figured Pike's wholesale prices wouldn't be that much different from their retail which are VERY high. We priced a few shrubs out from Pikes and Lowes and Lowes' prices were ~$8-9 cheaper and the plants actually looked alot better at Lowes' than they did at the Pikes on 141. Usually that's not the case but it was this past weekend.

If you think of where the other dealers are please let me know. We've got a few more install jobs coming up and I've got to do some price shopping.

Thanks

#6 ·
We go to Burkhart Farms in Ringgold, GA. Northwest Georgia. Good plants and really good prices. If you are willing to drive a little it would be worth it. I usually get a list together for 3 or 4 jobs and buy them all plus a few. Works great for me and I drive 2.5 hours one way.

PM me if you want their number..

Spring Meadows

#12 ·
Hi, I know I am a little late with this post but here 'tis anyway..

VA Nursery & Landscape Assoc. You might be able to find someone who is registered there:

http://www.vnla.org/search.asp

Tysons Tree has mulch, topsoil, & other nursery products but we don't go down that far right now.

My own company 'RiverRox Farm' can supply river stone, PS fieldstone, PA bluestone, black slate, etc.

Stone pics can be viewed at:

http://www.ghoffman1.photosite.com/

If you want price quote / fax call me: 703-856-4103

Regards, -Gary Hoffman
Sales Mgr / Tysons Tree Nursery Products
RiverRox Farm Owner (h) 304-724-9988

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.