Lawn Care Forum banner

A little RAIN helps

8K views 55 replies 34 participants last post by  Chestnut Oaks Prez 
#1 ·
Here's couple from today. Been a while since I gave ya'll any:)

Plant Sky Flower Property Building

Sky Plant Cloud Property Window

Plant Sky Building Window Property

Plant Cloud Building Sky Tree

Plant Sky Building Window Cloud

See less See more
#52 ·
We have had that discussion before he uses a line trimmer once established. I wonder what kind of M/H you have budgeted per visit? Do you have a mow crew and a beds N bushes crew or does one crew do it all?
These yards are roughly 20min per yard every week. 4 man crew. More if we trim shrubs, not more than 2 or 3 yards trimmed per day. Same crew does it all.

#53 ·
Stick edger:) Weedeater on beds. I haven't seen many that don't have a 1" trench with a weedeater and I despise that:hammerhead:
I second that! not trying to start a trimmer vs. edger war but a very seldom few can duplicate the resuts of an edger on a sidewalk/driveway with a trimmer.

#54 ·
I second that! not trying to start a trimmer vs. edger war but a very seldom few can duplicate the resuts of an edger on a sidewalk/driveway with a trimmer.
Maybe your turf is different but me and my guy can edge just as well as any stick edger. Obviously and edge has to be established first with a stick edger, but once this is done maintaining the edge with the trimmer has never been a problem. When you mow and trim all day for 4 years you should be able to walk and hold the trimmer straight at the same time.

I go to South Carolina every year (Myrtle Beach), and I have never seen lawns look as similiar as yours do to what we see up north. I am not familiar with the southern warm climate grasses but you have the first pics I have seen from your area that look as they do.

#55 ·
really great looking properties

#56 ·
Maybe your turf is different but me and my guy can edge just as well as any stick edger. Obviously and edge has to be established first with a stick edger, but once this is done maintaining the edge with the trimmer has never been a problem. When you mow and trim all day for 4 years you should be able to walk and hold the trimmer straight at the same time.

I go to South Carolina every year (Myrtle Beach), and I have never seen lawns look as similiar as yours do to what we see up north. I am not familiar with the southern warm climate grasses but you have the first pics I have seen from your area that look as they do.
Congrats LB89! You are very talented:)
The stick seems to give us a more consistant edge with less chance of error.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.