A Little Trenching

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jul 30, 2011.

1. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

Ah yes. Forgot about that one probably cuz it was for my sister and her husband wanted it that way to build a shed around it. Didn't make a dime on the system since it was a gift to her. Put the whole thing together with 2 pairs of pliers an a box cutter. An awesome micro spray system that would put any drip system to shame.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

When it's time to service the valves, you will regret cheapness/lazyness on valve boxes. Digging a foot deep isn't any hardship.

3. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

It is filled with stone Mike.I was using two pavers to help support the manifold while bringing in the poly from behind the fence for zones 5,6,& 7.I left 2" between 3/4" gravel and the bottom of the valves. If I take the pavers out,the manifold supports itself although I am leaving them there anyway.

You guys are a tough crowd.I was going to post my wiring of the valves,but,I be skeered.*trucewhiteflag*

4. ZX12R

I assume you are joking.If not,how in the world did you manage that?

5. ZX12R

Wet,When the time comes to service a valve,its a piece of cake.....no worries here.Even if a disaster happens,if I had to,I could pull the two valve boxes out of the ground quite easily while not making a mess.Everything would be wide open for me.Two things I am not is cheap nor lazy.That hole was every bit of 15" deep.I actually raised it because I wanted the valve boxes a certain height as they are in what will be part of a bed when I am done landscaping the fence area.

Why don't you come over for a :drinkup: sometime. :waving:

On a different note,I can't delete thes pics,can I?

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you are too cheap to buy a 12-inch-deep valve box, you are too cheap to buy a 12-inch-deep valve box. The universe will survive.

7. ZX12R

You are right,I should have told you the truth....it was the extra money that I did not want to pay.

8. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

Well apparently I did install one. Had to move to Colorado though where they are legal. Never installed a manifold in Texas. Has to repair many installed by foreigners and homeowners though.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Can't be any worse than this beauty. :dizzy:

DSCN1220manifold.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  10. ZX12R

No,its a lot nicer than that. I can't believe people do work like that and actually get paid.

IMG00127-20110813-1836.jpg

IMG00126-20110813-1835.jpg