A manual anti-siphon valve?

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
That is a Rain Bird ASV and that setup is illegal as can be!! An ASV cannot be pressurized for more than 12 hours I believe and they cannot be used to provide protection on the pressure side of an electric valve like that. You need one AVB or ASV per valve if you don't want to install a back flow preventer. And that's only if the local code will allow for an ASV or AVB

OP
Archimedes

Archimedes

LawnSite Member
Homeowner install, 2' under surface in the homemade concrete valve box. Local code allows only pvb or rpz. This is probably more for the pikers and hacks gallery.

Mike Leary

LawnSite Fanatic
So the guy goes down to "Home Crapout" and asks the "pro" what the cheapest hook-up would be. The guy says, "I used to be a contractor, and here's what you need." As long as there are big boxes and distributors that sell to home-owners, these abortions will never end. :hammerhead:

Kiril

LawnSite Fanatic
That is a Rain Bird ASV and that setup is illegal as can be!! An ASV cannot be pressurized for more than 12 hours I believe and they cannot be used to provide protection on the pressure side of an electric valve like that. You need one AVB or ASV per valve if you don't want to install a back flow preventer. And that's only if the local code will allow for an ASV or AVB
Let's not mention it is in a pit! :dizzy:

Homeowner install, 2' under surface in the homemade concrete valve box. Local code allows only pvb or rpz. This is probably more for the pikers and hacks gallery.
If local code allows a PVB to be installed in a pit, then whoever approved that code should be fired. :hammerhead: