• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

A question for my fellow "Newbies"!

buckwheat40

LawnSite Member
Are any of you guys getting calls yet, or am I the only one waiting for the phone to ring. I mean I've passed out fliers, business cards, sent letters, made phone calls, and almost every morning I leave out with my truck and trailer loaded, and I'm still not that busy yet. I've done a few lawns so far, a couple of flower beds and one aeration and re-seed. But I'm ready to do some serious cuttin! How's it goin' with you all?

ALL-American

LawnSite Member
slow here too, passed out about 3000, got about 4 calls. From what I read that seems to be the norm. Getting ready to start another round of flyers. First year in business I would be happy with 20 accounts. 5 down 15 more to go.

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
sorry to tell you that I placed 1 ad in the newspaper and I'm turning away work.... I avgerage 3 calls a day...

OP
B

buckwheat40

LawnSite Member
Hey man I'm glad to hear you're busy; I guess I'll be placing an ad in the paper next week!

OP
B

buckwheat40

LawnSite Member
L.W. I've done everything you mentioned except the magnet card on the mailbox. I'm in "upstate" SC, where the majority of grass is bermuda, and it's just starting to 'green-up". Hopefully it'll pick-up soon!, I'm gettin' restless! 'Bout to drive my wife crazy!