Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a tiger cub and have noticed that the larger ztr scags advertise an oil cooler for the hydraulics as standard. I was wondering if I should get one and install it on my cub?? I would think the pumps could handle it. It would also add to the capacity of the system and also keep it cooler and last longer. What are yalls thoughts on this??

·
Registered
767 Posts
my guess is the parts would be interchangable with other Scags.
i would suggest you mow your biggest lawn and then feel the resevior tank. if you can't keep your hand on it a cooler would help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a STC with the 61" deck. This is the one that is now the new cougar. This one came with a oil cooler mounted above the engine fan to draw air through it. But the others seem to work fine down here in this GA heat and humidity. :D

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
An oil cooler isn't necessary on the smaller mowers since they are lighter machines. The big Scags are heavy beasts and that's why Scag installs the hydro coolers on those mowers as standard equipment.
I doubt very much that an oil cooler on your Tiger Cub would make any difference in longevity or performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.