Lawn Care Forum banner
101 - 120 of 670 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
Thats awesome, I've only gone ice fishing a couple times, and I was a little bored to be honest. It may have been who I went with though, seems like you guys have a more luxurious set up than we did!

Discussion starter · #103 ·
I live an hour from Toronto in Waterdown, which is technically part of Hamilton, but in the country. That is called Lake Medad, its a small spring fed lake near a golf course, maybe 12 acres, they use it for irrigation. It used to be a public park, but a few kids died skating in the winter and they closed it. You need permission to go and fish now. I built an atv trail from the corner of my property to the far side of it, and have a boat so I go as I please.

Snowed here today maybe 2 or 3 inches so work tonight!

Discussion starter · #104 ·
Some shots of the storm, sorry for the Blackberry it has a horrible camera. The 205 still waiting to go out, hasn't been used once this season. A shot of the planting designs we got as an example and sidewalk duty in the snow tonight.

Font Pattern Parallel Paper Rectangle

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle door Office equipment

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood

Atmosphere Street light Automotive lighting Light Snow

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Automotive lighting Road surface Street light Asphalt Atmospheric phenomenon

Discussion starter · #106 ·
We've been in the same boat up until now! Its been a crazy winter. Well the 205 stays at our house until we get a big enough snow to actually utilize it. When (if) we get a big enough storm it stays at one of our accounts behind a locked gate and then we drive it around from that account to a few others that are fairly closeby. I'd say they're all within maybe 4 km radius, maybe less. For now its just better to keep it at home where it can't be tampered with. We don't use trailer during snow season it can be tough, we just drive it from here to the account which is maybe a half hour. That way we don't have to take off the Kage and put it on a seperate trailer.

My buddy has a 120" bucket for his skid, we've trailered it 12 miles from his house to the one large property we do every "storm" there's been this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #110 ·
My buddy has a 120" bucket for his skid, we've trailered it 12 miles from his house to the one large property we do every "storm" there's been this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats a big snow bucket! I see lots of people trailering skids and tractors around during storms but we don't have a flat bed float anymore, we only have the dump trailer. Which doesn't have drop axles so its high, getting the skid on is a pain without the 8 foot pusher, but now we gotta lift it over the sides, and we also can't lower back down because the trailer isn't wide enough. Which I think might be a ticket, because its sticking over the sides?

Liking the pics, I think I have the same snow shovel that you do.
The yellow one? I was kinda shovelling with one hand because of my fracture and the snow was light so I used that big one, its okay, doesn't scrape down that well.

ya sure has been a crazy ass winter....its 58 outside right now n supposed to be 62 tomarow...only good thing i guess is were getting other jobs done that we normally wouldnt be able to...but i can def. say id rather be plowing!
At least you have other work to keep you busy, we don't have much of that. I'm in school so that gives me something to do I guess. :waving:

Discussion starter · #111 ·
Made a run down to Kubota Dealership today, saw some neat equipment so I thought I'd take some (crappy) pics. The new Cub Cadet z-turns are cool, I guess they have 4 wheel steering which is different? Thoughts on that? The 48" and 60" were there along with the huge Kubota Z-turns (not my favorite). They have some nice equipment trailers too! I took pictures of a lot of tractors and compacts, so if you want to see those follow this link!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=264924&page=6

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Tree Mode of transport Sky Cloud

Vehicle Asphalt Composite material Road surface Gas

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Snow

Discussion starter · #113 ·
A couple more. That triaxle Miska trailer is my buddies new trailer. (3) 7k axles and a pintle with HD ramps. He hauls it with a Duramax/Ally 6.6L 2500 HD. But its on 37's and has a 10" lift. I should try to grab a shot of that sometime. And I washed the Tacoma today after getting more x-rays and going to the Kubota dealership.

I hope you don't mind the pictures of stuff thats not mine, I'm bored in the off season and I figure alot of you guys are too! :waving:

Tire Sky Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Tree Building Road surface

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

Discussion starter · #116 ·
do you know what brand the other grey trailer is?
I tried to zoom in on the picture because the brand was on the tonuge but I couldn't quite make it out. From memory I think it was a Dura Trail, and they manufacture galvanized trailer. So I'm 90% sure thats what it was. Looked like an 18 to 20 ft, 4 ft dovetail, HD tie-down hooks, with a pintle. Seemed very well outfitted and built!

How do you like the Harbor Freight compressors? I was considering buying one.
I like ours, the smaller one in one of the earlier pictures we bought a few from the states and sold here to some friends because they were on for a good deal. The larger central pneumatic compressor is a 21 gallon, 2.5hp, 125 PSI oil type unit. Its been really good too, doesn't get a ton of use but its been good so far. Has to be reset every now and again though.

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool just because they are the only one with it, but I never tried them out but it could be cool.

101 - 120 of 670 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.