A year after buying Ferris mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by dathorpe, Mar 9, 2019.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

no dealers where I am -jax fla

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Great review bro! The older I get, the more I am leaning to a Ferris for my next mower, though right now it is still the TT II I would buy if I were buying tomorrow.

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours are folks getting on these mowers? I mean does anyone have like 2000 hrs on one of the newer style walk behinds yet? The ones with the ECS controls? I'm interested in the 36 but it would have to be as durable as my turf tracer. That mower has 1300 hrs without a single serious problem. Just a couple flat tires and a fussy carb a few hundred hrs ago.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ferris stand ons and walks look pretty good. The Z's would have to get a better deck to go with that, though.

5. Scottdubya83

Scottdubya83 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central, LA

Speaking of older Ferris’, anyone ever use one of those that had like a motorcycle seat. Evo or evolve, something like that. I remember riding one around my dealers parking lot in like 2011. That was the only one I ever saw. It was interesting

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Their decks do well enough that I can live with them.

hort101 and Harley08 like this.
  7. Jmartinps1

Jmartinps1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im looking to get a 72" and the z3 has intrigued me. My concerns are feathering the deck, cut quality early in the morning when wet and fatigue standing for three hours straight on my big accounts

8. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Still amazed at my ferris 2nd machine. I started with a 3100z now have a 3200z. I am wanting another one. These are cadillac mowers for sure. Can't get over the ride and cut is also excellent.

hort101 likes this.
  9. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Platinum Member

I have FW25’s, Tracers and now Wright HC’s.

Wright HC my favorite in 32” and 36”

Ferris FW25 36 a close second. Those 20” drive tires stick out Just Slightly from deck and can’t squeeze it in some the gates that 36 Tracers and 36 HC’s can make. And I get wider tires and trim side on the HC.

FW’s CC controls the best though.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    hort101 likes this.
  10. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Platinum Member

Maint also allot faster and simpler on HC’s which nice if running multiple units. 10 min on the hydro fluid/filter and 2 grease points.

FW’s lots to grease and hydro a pain to service but hear they reduced greasing at least.
    . Still have to do the spindles. They need go w/sealed. Proven reliable.

HC big win on ease of maint.