A year after buying Ferris mowers

JaekayDesign

LawnSite Senior Member
Speaking of older Ferris’, anyone ever use one of those that had like a motorcycle seat. Evo or evolve, something like that. I remember riding one around my dealers parking lot in like 2011. That was the only one I ever saw. It was interesting
That basically turned into the Z2 and other standers.... the Z3x was in response to Wright ZK with the dualies

Jsig864

LawnSite Member
I run all eXmark blades old style w/the 5/8” hole on my FW. Perfect fit. Tons of aftermarket avail if dont want pay OEM prices.
Turf Tracer...What's the Exmark blade (18" length x 5/8 hole) part number you use on the FW25? I can not find them nor get any dealership to cross reference them. I've have tried a few types of blades with the full mulch kit installed only to have mediocre results.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Its nice to have the power but the fuel consumption is crazy on big motors. I run a 1000cc kohler/ exmark. All day long pouring in a 5 gallon can. And I don't run it in max mode either.
Still, I'm intrigued by the ferris and will demo one for next purchase. Just that I float the front wheels over drop offs all the time and that would be a tough habit for me to break!

Top Forums