A year after buying Ferris mowers

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
How many hours are guys getting out of their walk behinds? The ones with the ecs style controls? Also wondering about quality of parts. The exmark turf tracer I own has such quality and durability, the blade belt has lasted 800 hours now! But i do like the larger engine and tires they put on their 36 inchers

Groomer

LawnSite Gold Member
How many hours are guys getting out of their walk behinds? The ones with the ecs style controls? Also wondering about quality of parts. The exmark turf tracer I own has such quality and durability, the blade belt has lasted 800 hours now! But i do like the larger engine and tires they put on their 36 inchers

I'm coming up on 1900 hrs. on one of the TT's. (though I don't keep belts for 800 hrs. lol)
I just bought back a 48" TT from a guy who bought it and parked it-maybe used it 3or 4 times?
anyway, it's an older model/year-wise, but newer hr. wise, used it yesterday and it cuts and handles beautifully.
I originally bought it from the dealer who took in on a trade, while it was literally brand new, so it's home again!

Last edited:

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm coming up on 1900 hrs. on one of the TT's. (though I don't keep belts for 800 hrs. lol)
I just bought back a 48" TT from a guy who bought it and parked it-maybe used it 3or 4 times?
anyway, it's an older model/year-wise, but newer hr. wise, used it yesterday and it cuts and handles beautifully.
Yeah my point is, do I want to spend $1000 less on a walk behind that breaks down a lot and you cant pass on in your will?

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
You’ll have to change your name to riding not green
Yeah, I get that a lot, but no, not really as the user name has nothing to do with the fact I have a JD.
I have explained all that before on here. It was supposed to be Ridin' The Green (as in green grass for greenbacks), but when I tried to sign up with that name, it said someone else was using it so I shortened it. I have never seen the other member post once though.

Top Forums