1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

About Encore.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Fronczak, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

I started with Encore (48 & 32), Had alot of problems (Spindles, & op presence control systems) & poor dealer support (dealer not Encore). I would demo one, don't know if I'd buy one however. I've learned never say never however.

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

They are alot different now. I had tons of problems with them years ago but I decided to go back to them about 2 years ago. The design is completely different and now they have greaseless spindles. I would reccomend taking another look at them.

3. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Agree with Packerbacker, they are very durable machines that will take a true beating. Nothing is nicer than having a machine where a lot of the work is self explanitory and very easy.

4. packerbacker

They are a piece of cake to work on. I can change a belt in under 5 mins on one of them.

Also my dealer is great. So that helps to.

5. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

Packer what dealer do you use?

6. packerbacker

Arnolds Lawn and Garden in Overland Park.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

Ok I split these posts from the original thread, the one where Jim from TurfMagazine is looking for demo volunteers, and I renamed the subject line.
    Let's let Jim's thread stay on topic. thanks.

8. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

Have you ever been to countryside at like 203rd and holmes. I bought one from them a year ago and took right back to them guy is a pain to deal with. I like Arnolds I met the owner at the last lawn and garden show. He has pretty good deals.

9. packerbacker

Sorry, I tend to babble ;)

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

Oh no, that's ok, that's what keeps the forum interesting... Just wanted to keep Jim's thread just about demos though.