• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Accelerator bagger on Quik-Trak

brian mon

LawnSite Member
I'm close to getting a 657A Quik-Trak and I will need a bagger at times, JD only has a 3.5 bushel cloth for around $400. Got a quote from accelerator for 4.15 bushel is $429. and 6.2 is $589. My biggest concern would be side weight with the 6.2, seem like it could get darn heavy. Anyone know anything about this. And could the 4.15 be extended later if I wanted.

jdramr4

LawnSite Member
go with the smaller one your arms will thank you. It fills up quickly during leaf season but I have found going over the yard one time and mulching the leaves up it packs better, and you have to empty it less.

OP
B

brian mon

LawnSite Member
go with the smaller one your arms will thank you. It fills up quickly during leaf season but I have found going over the yard one time and mulching the leaves up it packs better, and you have to empty it less.
Yea...thats how I do my leaves anyway, and I found the extender after going back to the accelerator web site.

Now anyone know about the weight issues on the larger versions.

QualityLawnCare4u

LawnSite Gold Member
Brian, I have a 6.2 that came off a 737 (same deck as yours) for sale on here for 200 (you pay shipping). Mine worked great and I did not have any trouble with the weight on the side of the deck or lifting and emptying it. PM me if interested.

OP
B

brian mon

LawnSite Member
Brian, I have a 6.2 that came off a 737 (same deck as yours) for sale on here for 200 (you pay shipping). Mine worked great and I did not have any trouble with the weight on the side of the deck or lifting and emptying it. PM me if interested.
Can you post some pictures of it??

QualityLawnCare4u

LawnSite Gold Member
Can you post some pictures of it??
Look under our free for sale section, I just bumped the thread back up and it has the pics. Thanks

RodneyK

LawnSite Senior Member
If the larger used one doesn't work out buy the smaller unit, they really do get heavy. They are awesome units. I had a stock exmark and that thing was a disaster pita compared to the accelerator. I saw a guy mowing one day on my way to the dealer to tell them what a piece of crap it is and gave it to him.

QualityLawnCare4u

LawnSite Gold Member
If the larger used one doesn't work out buy the smaller unit, they really do get heavy. They are awesome units. I had a stock exmark and that thing was a disaster pita compared to the accelerator. I saw a guy mowing one day on my way to the dealer to tell them what a piece of crap it is and gave it to him.
Yes, and their CS is second to none! You can actually talk to the owner, Peter when you call and he is quick to help out when needed.