1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Accepting credit card payment?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by keepoffthegrass, Feb 11, 2006.

1. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

For those of you that accept credit card payments, what service do you use and how does it work? I read somewhere quickbooks can be setup to do this but im not sure. Just planning for the future. Thanks -------Korey:)

2. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I got set up through the quickbooks company Intuit. So far so good. When I signed up they sent free Quickbooks 2005 software.

3. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

I'm processing through a company called American Bancard, LLC. So far, they have been great to be. I only pay "Swiped Card" fees as they sent me out a FREE terminal to use while I use their services. And because I get to swipe the card, the rates are SO much lower than keyed in rates or touch-tone processing. If you'd like any more information about the company, let me know. nherweck@fiveguysandalawnmower.com . My name is Nick Herweck. Good luck!

4. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Thanks for the suggestion but i'll need something that is Canada based. i highly doubt that would work for me. thanks anyway---------Korey

5. nherweck

oops! i hadn't checked your location..sorry!

6. nherweck

Posted the same thing :-?