1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

accounts per week,mowed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by northeast, Jun 26, 2000.

1. northeast

northeast LawnSite Member
    from maine

My girlfriend and I have a lawncare business<br>that we started in April,we have a new Exmark lazer hp with ulta vac system,and two toro personal pace trim mowers.we currently have 30 good accounts,what is possible for a two people to do in a week?we would like 50 accounts,does this seem high for two people?<br> how many lawns per week are you all averaging per week with two people working??<br> not trying to be nosey,just need to know if our goal is attainable. thanks for any help.<br> Nick

2. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

Depends on the size of your lawns and what you are doing. Mow & Go - probably 80 - 100 4000footers. Full service - 40 to 50 7000footers.

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

The key is to get those accounts as close as possible to cut down on lost time travelling. I know a guy who mows 13 - 15 big & small a day and he is by himself 90% of the time. Me and my one guy can get 15 or so a day with a couple of 40,000 - 60,000 SF commercial properties mixed in. Multiply that times 5 days if you're just mowing and you can get a lot done. Good luck!

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i mow like 80 or so lawns a week with two ppl. I could probably push it up to 100 if i was so inclined. The hard part is fitting it into the &quot;areas per day&quot; schedule i have. Our are is somewhat spread out. The main town and a few sub towns. Last year i was driving like 200-250 miles a day. OUCH! I am not even remotely close to that these days. I divided all my lawn care jobs into areas. Now i have cut down on drive time tremendously. I would say that you should place all your customers into days via where they live. it will save time and money. By doing that you can take on more jobs. I remember when 12 lawns was horrendous 12 hour day for me. Now i do 20 in 10 hours or less. (Upgrading from ariens 21&quot; (2X) to a 52&quot; hp Exmark and a 36&quot; hp exmark may have something to do with that as well.)

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Like everybody else is saying, it depends on the size of the lawns, routing, conditions of the grass (is it wet?) etc. I cut, trim, edge and blow 30 lawns a week by myself. The sizes vary greatly from 1/16th acre to almost 2 acres. Right now I am averaging about 8 hours a day. If I added a helper I should be able to do 45 lawns a week.

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

My 1 man crew does 52 by himself, including a school w/ soccer field, etc and also a 3 hour hotel complex. Most of the others are small commercial & mid-size residentials.<p>I did have a guy who worked for me and bought out another lawn business, he did 110 lawns/week by himself, maybe 7-8,000 sq. average.

7. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Lazer,<br> Sounds like he was a good worker.<br>Thats moving! Shame he is now your competition.<p>Karl<br>

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You guys must have some small yards!<p>Homer

9. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I do about 70 lawns/week by myself, with a 21&quot; Toro Proline. My lawns vary from teeny weeny to fairly big. I don't have any of those big industrial corner lots that chew up a half day (yet!), but I also rarely take a lunch break. ;)<p>I'm easing my new 36&quot; Exmark into the field this week, and it promises to save me enough time to fit more jobs in every week (whether that be 20-25 new lawns or simply additional services for my longtime customers). <p>On the other hand, I've been eyeing all those commercial lots around town that don't seem to be getting enough attention, so one never knows ... ;)<p>-TGC

10. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Karl,<br>He sold out since and it took 2 guys to do that work now. I'd say a 2 person crew around here averages 100 lawns/week, 8-9,000 sq. ft. average.<p>Homer,<br>I think it's somewhat relative as to the lawn size. Obviously, you couldn't cut that many if they were all 2 acres each.<br>I'm always amazed when I visit my cousins in Phoenix at the 500-1500 sq. ft. front lawns and no back lawns in that area. I wonder how many of those you could cut with your 72?