Acelepryn vs Imidacloprid Survey

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hineline, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to get feedback on just how applicators are using Acelepryn vs Imidacloprid.

I have had nothing but success with imidacloprid in the past and apply late June thru August 1. By then virtually all my lawns are free of flowering weeds. I like that with acelepryn you can apply early but does that come with a price as far as breakthrough in September. I typically never have any problems with chinch bugs since I'm applying at the time of their activity.

What is everyone else doing these days?

2. Hineline

Correction: how "many" applicators

3. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

We had no break through with accelepryn last season. We have used it for the last 3-4 years.

4. Hineline

When is the timing of your applications and did it prevent surface feeders also?

5. AGRinATX

AGRinATX LawnSite Member

I'm trying Acelepryn this year, so I'm definitely interested in in this thread!

6. Hineline

Are you switching because of possibility of imid contributing to honey-bee CCD or resistance?

7. AGRinATX

AGRinATX LawnSite Member

We had a lot of clients who called us for breakthrough grubs after having another company apply preventative (which I'm guessing was imidacloprid) and then have massive hog damage. So there's either some timing or resistance issues around here. The no signal word is a great marketing tool, along with the pollinator safety because Austin. The neonic/bee issue has lots of data to show little to no correlation, but I do prefer something that has less activity on earthworms.

hort101 likes this.
  8. Hineline

I'm wondering if it was a bad or "non" application by the other company and imid is not breaking through. The one quest I have, does acelapryn control surface insects better than imid?

9. AGRinATX

AGRinATX LawnSite Member

Definitely could be.

Nope, suppression only on chinch bugs. I've had a few issues with billbugs, but I don't know if I'd trust it for control.

10. AGRinATX

AGRinATX LawnSite Member

Supposed to be good on BG weevil, but we don't have that here.