Acelepryn

Puttinggreens

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes, I used on it on a few acres last year. Did it work? Well we had no grub damage on those properties,,, was that because of the Acelepryn? Not sure?

NattyLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I used it both granular and liquid. How well did it work? Not sure like Puttinggreens as we didn't have the beetle pressure like previous years. I do like it for the fact that you don't need to leave a caution flag and customers like it because there's no issue with re-entry for kids and pets. It is expensive, but you use very little product.

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
Just got NY registered in November, except long island.

so other than the cost I would be interested in giving it a try. Low rate is over $100 per acre high rate is over $200 per acre.

We are looking into the label on Azatrol as well, this is OMRI certified and has grubs listed on the label but no rates for lawn care use. We are trying to get to the bottom of it from PBI Gordon.

OP
phasthound

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
Just got NY registered in November, except long island.

so other than the cost I would be interested in giving it a try. Low rate is over $100 per acre high rate is over $200 per acre.

We are looking into the label on Azatrol as well, this is OMRI certified and has grubs listed on the label but no rates for lawn care use. We are trying to get to the bottom of it from PBI Gordon.

I see Acelepryn registered in NY as a restricted use pesticide, is that right?
The EPA considers it safe enough it has no signal word assigned to it.

Anyone have any feedback on Azatrol? http://www.pbigordon.com/pdfs/Azatrol-SL.pdf

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
Yes, it is a RUP. Only because of long island and I assume it's label restrictions on bodies of water.

However, it is my understanding that ALL new registered NY labels will soon state that there is a 25-50 foot buffer on golf course use and 100 on all other uses when dealing with bodies of water so I dont know if that has any bearing.

As far as Azatrol, we have used it for Ticks with no complaints. We will be expanding it's use further into our tree care programs this year.

Heidi J.

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes, I used on it on a few acres last year. Did it work? Well we had no grub damage on those properties,,, was that because of the Acelepryn? Not sure?

Same here.. can't say it didn't work.. can't say it did for sure. Hard to sell at the higher price. While it is a great sell for day cares or schools because of the label.. no one else seemed to care:laugh:

Pythium

LawnSite Member
I would have to say it worked, I used it on a lawn with historical grub problems. The wife is a chemical nazi but didn't want grubs. I told her about acelypryn and se was sold on trying it despite the cost(I offered her a guarantee that is she got them I would reseed the damaged spots..my cost.this was figured into the price of the app BTW)
She has a very beautiful landscape that is a magnet for jap. beetles. Her beetle pressure was very high in an other wise hit or miss beetle season around here. She had NO noticeable grub damage. I didn't find any when scouting..doesn't mean they weren't there, just not in damaging numbers. Anyway..the wife says that was the first time her yard did not have grub damage in years..even with treatments. I sold 15 treatment of acelypryn this season and no damage on any of the yards..I am looking to switch everybody to it next year if the results hold up this year.

heritage

Inactive
I would have to say it worked, I used it on a lawn with historical grub problems. The wife is a chemical nazi but didn't want grubs. I told her about acelypryn and se was sold on trying it despite the cost(I offered her a guarantee that is she got them I would reseed the damaged spots..my cost.this was figured into the price of the app BTW)
She has a very beautiful landscape that is a magnet for jap. beetles. Her beetle pressure was very high in an other wise hit or miss beetle season around here. She had NO noticeable grub damage. I didn't find any when scouting..doesn't mean they weren't there, just not in damaging numbers. Anyway..the wife says that was the first time her yard did not have grub damage in years..even with treatments. I sold 15 treatment of acelypryn this season and no damage on any of the yards..I am looking to switch everybody to it next year if the results hold up this year.

Hi Pythium,

Met with my Rep last week and asked him more details on this product. Looked at it last year also...but I stay away from new products the 1st year.

My question was that the low rate you had control with. I read the label and is says only use the low rate on turf mowed @ or under 1". The high rate is still just to expensive imo. Thanks for your feedback :)

Pete

JWTurfguy

LawnSite Senior Member
Acelepryn is labeled as an RUP because at the very beginning of the label it says that it is for Professional Use. When NY sees those words on a label, it automatically becomes RUP. Case in point: Dylox, in the traditional 30# Bayer bag, is RUP for that very reason. However, you can buy the exact same chemical in even higher concentrations in retail bags as a General-Use pesticide. Gotta love New York...

Top Forums