1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Acquiring Large Bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentcausey, Feb 5, 2008.

1. brentcausey

brentcausey LawnSite Member

How do y'all find out about open bids in your area? I hear alot through word of mouth but is there a better way to hear about large apartment complexes, businesses, etc. ?

Thanks, Brent

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Through word of mouth is one, also I watch the classified's in the paper, that has landed 3 big contracts. And finally, I will call the company or gov. agency and find out when they are doing it next.

3. dutchhook

dutchhook LawnSite Member

Brent,
    go to the local supermarket and look for the rent magazines they have at the exits. It might be something like rent 411, or ForRent magazine.
    They're not bids, but you'll get a site, address and phone number to call, or better yet, drop off a brochure to the property manager and it's easy.

Best of Luck@!

Steve Hoogenakker
    Steve@Landscape.Pro
    763-213-2410

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I was just calling property management companies today...some put me on their mailing list for future bids, and others told me to send or fax them information. Just print out a list of property management companies from superpages.com, yellowbook.com.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Great timeing.......

I have been all day putting togather my co. info....

last season, and frome time to time I just walk in to places and ask...

when do you accept bids on lawn care.....

they give me the time and the info on who I send the bid too...

so far I have landed 4 this way.....totaling 40,000.00

not bad for a country boy........

6. brentcausey

brentcausey LawnSite Member

Yeah - I was thinking about calling some local hotels and businesses. Thanks for the input.