Acquisition

ALCare18

LawnSite Member
Has anyone aquired/bought another lawn care business? Is there a way to include said business' customers in the sale? Thanks

CrystalCreek

LawnSite Bronze Member
Watched two good friends spend tens of thousands of dollars to buy companies from guys calling it quits. Both companies were well established. Two years after the sales, former owners were done being on vacation and came back and took back almost all their former customers. Money well wasted. Don't be foolish. Build your empire from the ground up.

dfcam

LawnSite Member
Non compete, buy equipment that you need ONLY, give 10% of sales for the first year only on maintenance ONLY.... Have done it 6 Times, Over $4 million last year..

prezek

LawnSite Senior Member
Non compete, buy equipment that you need ONLY, give 10% of sales for the first year only on maintenance ONLY.... Have done it 6 Times, Over $4 million last year..
I agree with this. I did with 2 guys who went out this past winter. I did 20% of maintenance sales. I mail a check each month...I knew both weren’t coming back into the business so did not do a non compete...and I will fall a little short of 4 million this year:(

dfcam

LawnSite Member
I agree with this. I did with 2 guys who went out this past winter. I did 20% of maintenance sales. I mail a check each month...I knew both weren’t coming back into the business so did not do a non compete...and I will fall a little short of 4 million this year:(
Hope for more snow?

snomaha

LawnSite Bronze Member
Has anyone aquired/bought another lawn care business? Is there a way to include said business' customers in the sale? Thanks
I have had multiple acquisitions - some successful, some not so much. Customer list and their loyalty to the brand is part of the goodwill of the company - we always value the goodwill seperate from any tangible assets.

Attorney can help you draft the documents needed.