• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Ad results

Raven386

LawnSite Silver Member
i passed out under 50 and got 4 calls. going to give estimates in a few hours. good luck lawncuttinfoo, im sure you'll be getting some calls soon i usually get a lot of calls after easter.

Scag48

LawnSite Fanatic
Wow, 24,000 with minimal results, I'm really surprised. I don't even have signs on my truck and have been stopped 3 times, gave 2 estimates in the last day. Seems busy here, getting a feel for a new market and I like it so far. If this keeps up I'll have 20 accounts in about 3 or 4 months, wouldn't that be nice.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
It's strange how advertising works sometimes. I passed out close to 500 door hangers in a upscale neighborhood and got zero, nada and zip. I also passed out 40 hangers in a starter home subdivision. I got one sale on the day that I passed them out and I need to go on 2 bids today. As soon as the grass actually starts growing real good I expect to get other calls too.

I had the same results when I lived in MD and I don't know why I thought NC would be any different.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
First week droped today to 24,000 houses, one call. 5 more weeks of misery to go...
Judging by other posts here I think you should have advertised snow plowing right now.

Its like trying to sell a comb to a bald guy.:laugh:

People sit on ads and I wouldn't be surprised if you are overwhelmed once people see that spring is really here and your snow melts. Stay Positive.