1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Adding Cig. Plug To JD 4310

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by FearThisDeere, Dec 13, 2006.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know how to add a cig. plug to a John Deere 4310? I have a mini lightbar that I want to use while plowing this winter, but I don't want it to be permantley mounted to the ROPS.

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

There is something you can get (likely at Wal-Mart) that has alligator clips to connect to a battery and has the female end of a 12v cig plug on the other. I am having a hard time trying to find it online, but I know they have them.

Looks like the thing with the clips in this picture http://www.cpap-supply.com/Battery-Adapter-Cable-and-12V-Cord-p/1001979.htm but this is a high priced combo thing.

3. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

Here's What your looking for:

CIG PLUG.jpg

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i would personally run an inline fuse in there because if something blows you dont want to kill everything

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

If it were me, I'd buy a lighter kit @ O'Reilly's & hardwire in a lighter plug in my control panel. Make sure you put a fuse on it like was previously stated.

6. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

I would put a 30Amp Fuse in it. Most dual rotator beacons have fuses in the plug part, if you unscrew it you will find a 30Amp fuse.

7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys.