Lawn Care Forum banner

Adding hydro cooler

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tomo 
#1 ·
Has anyone added a transmission cooler to there hydros?
If so, did it help?

Thank you!

#2 ·
hello, adding a cooler to either an engine [0il] or to hydros is the same principle . B4 ANYTHING ELSE u have to investigate operating temp The temp is??????? This will determine if u actually require cooling . Recommended temp in the return line should be around 200f in the most demanding conditions . This is the constant spec .Intermitant spikes in temp would be ok with a peak at around 220f .
The reason why i use this specs is i dought all and i mean all components r specified at levels above 212f .
Although u r looking after the mechanical components the oil will also be well taken care of .
The golden rule with oil is EVERY OIL DEGRADES just some faster than others . I have found absolutley zero oil companies who recomend to run there oils --- ''constantly'' --- above 212 f for 50--150hrs . Remember a mower is not a race car where the oil is changed every race or 3hrs etc.
Many industrial machines have coolers ,mower companies to tight i guess and really do they want to make your machine last along time !!
tomo:waving:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.