Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a far fetched idea? I'd like to add a pair of lights to my TTHP 17 KAW. Of course this means I have no electric start, therefore no battery.

Would this be an easy mod, or should I just forget about it.

Thanks!!:usflag:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Forget it.
It's not easy if you've never worked on a machine before.

When you buy a new mower, get one with electric start, that way half the work will be done.
And the lights don't run off of the battery, they run off of an alternator coil.

If you do decide to go through with it, At a minimum you will need an alternator coil (which goes under the flywheel) to run the lights when the engine is running, a switch (on/off), and the lights themselves.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If there is a place to get power off of a belt you could buy a GM one wire alternator and pulley. Mount the alternator and make a circuit with an inline fuse and a switch and lights. With the GM one wire alternator its very important that the electrical connections are very good.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Pain in the [email protected]# idea.Hard to find used parts to make lights work and new parts prices would be prohibitive.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Tie strap some flash lights on that bad boy. I would think if you can fit a motorcycle battery some where on the unit, you could hook up some lights. You would just have to recharge the battery.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thats probably the best you are going to do.

·
Registered
776 Posts
yeah, just tie a battery down somewhere and then hook up some lights, chances are you will find out you really dont need lights anyways and will get rid of it. Every mower I have ever put a light kit on now has the lights disconnected. Everyone thinks it is a great Idea but never really use them. Just mow during the day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.