Adding marking dye to your mix?

Deputy_Swan

LawnSite Member
Hello, I am getting geared up for the upcoming lawn season, and am doing lawn spraying and liquid fertilizer this year. I have done lots of ag spraying but have never sprayed lawns commercially before, do any of you use a marking dye in your spray? I think this would be handy so you dont miss anything when your spraying? but does it stain sidewalks and siding, tin and what not?

thanks.....

heritage

Inactive
Hello, I am getting geared up for the upcoming lawn season, and am doing lawn spraying and liquid fertilizer this year. I have done lots of ag spraying but have never sprayed lawns commercially before, do any of you use a marking dye in your spray? I think this would be handy so you dont miss anything when your spraying? but does it stain sidewalks and siding, tin and what not?

thanks.....

Yep good stuff. Don't get any of the blue spray on Wood products. Cannot remove the stains. Don't know about the red dye...........

Grass also takes on a darker green sheen as well after the spray.
If you use tee jet nozzles and mix it with Pre-M EC, it will be VERY Green.

Great training aid also.

Usually your the one getting stained.

RAlmaroad

LawnSite Silver Member
I use Lesco's Marking Fluid--best price that I know of unless others have found something. Knowing where you've been makes the jobs go much faster. A good friend has eyes so keen that he can see a glimmer of wet to indicate, but I'm not that good. Anyway, yes add it to all mixes. Like the other mentioned, do get any on wood but yourself will probably look like a smurf. I always wear high rubber chemical boots and gloves.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
You know, I asked this same question when I first started out. I thought I would miss swaths of turf with the PG and hence miss weeds. Never happened, once you get the feel of your equipment and its coverage capabilities, it will become 2nd nature.

Practice on a hard surface, that helps.

ReddensLawnCare

LawnSite Bronze Member
it makes my customers happy because they can tell I have been there that day and sprayed the whole yard, the invoice also lets them know lol. If there is a slight breeze, be cautious of what is in the driveway. I speckled a white Lexus one day and the wind was at like 5mph and I was using low pressure and large droplet size. Customer was great about it, but it was a lessoned learned. And if you get it on your hands, use dove lotion and heavy friction (on your hands only) haha. Same customer with the Lexus taught me that
Posted via Mobile Device