• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Addressing Envelopes

mcwlandscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
Up til now i've pretty much been hand addressing all of my invoices (i hate it, doing it and how it looks) except for my commercial clients that i run through the printer, however, this is rather time consuming...at least with microsoft word it is.

Do you have any recommendations for some sort of label makers either as stand alone units or some USB type of device i can hook up to my computer and also where i can get it (we have a staples and office depot nearby)? I'll be having a bunch of envelopes made up with my logo and return address on them but will still have to obviously put the clients address on it. I'll be putting together a ton of proposals for local businesses within the next week for summer work so I need to implement this rather soon!

thanks for any suggestions!

mattfromNY

LawnSite Bronze Member
Get windowed envelopes, then set up your invoices so the customers' name appears in the window when folded and entered into the envelope. I use Quickbooks and set up my invoices this way.

newtostone

LawnSite Senior Member
Get windowed envelopes, then set up your invoices so the customers' name appears in the window when folded and entered into the envelope. I use Quickbooks and set up my invoices this way.
works perfect and then for the return if you want you can get a stamper thing online for about 5$ which you can stamp your address on anything you would like. Sorta like that stamper for teh back of your checks

Something like this http://www.addresslabels4u.com/rubber-stamps-intro.html

And the envelopes I use I believe are the #10 Window

srl28

LawnSite Bronze Member
If you dont wanna do windowed envelopes, you can make a template in Microsoft word or works. Your return address once typed in, is part of the template once saved and will appear everytime you open that template. All you have to do then is type in the address ocne that templates opened.

But windowed envelopes are probably better.

qualitylandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone else tired of paying $40+ per box for double window self stick envelopes?
We get ours through Barton-Collins on Ebay. seller id : bartoncollinsltd

Double window, self-seal. 500 @ $20-25. We get 10,000 at a time.

Last edited: