1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

ads, ads, and ads

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SellOut, Aug 9, 2005.

1. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

i have some money left over from door hangers

should i put it into direct mailing or yellow pages?

either one cost over $2000 (i think)

how much was your YP ad?

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I advertise in 2 yellow pages. Mine was $125 each for the whole year. This year it went up to $175. That is for your Company name and phone # only printed in bold type. It has got me a lot of work. I dont fool around with door hangers and flyers any more.

3. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

do you know how much an ad would run?

$175 isnt bad for a number, but they get shadowed by the ads. i'd think

4. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I pay $100/month, it's my first year though and wasnt sure where to put my advertising dollars though. Got more work than i could handle :rolleyes: , wish I would have been more prepared for too much work, rather than preparing for failure. Live and learn right? I am getting excited for next year already ha ha ha/

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi SellOut,

Here is a post that may be helpful.

Yellow Book Ad or not?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>