Advance notice and told not to app?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, May 17, 2018 at 6:46 AM.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

So i call a client that's a long way from my shop, i leave a message that we will be there tomorrow am to app. I get there and she says you cant app until next week, my husband is away and i need the lawn for the dog. I asked her, why did you not call and cancel, she says i texted you, i said i called you from my office on a land line, she shrugs her shoulders gets in her car and drives away!

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

love it i know the feeling. I had one guy that would send me a text and never put in his name i thought it was a prank LOL it took me 3 years to figure it out

3. Delmarva Keith

Delmarva Keith LawnSite Member

Very inconsiderate. If you don’t need / want that customer, cut her loose. She doesn’t value your time or what you do. If you do want to keep the account, maybe next time you leave a message, at the end of the message specifically ask the customer to please call you back immediately if there’s a problem or you will have to bill for travel time?

Too many people nowadays think only of themselves and not you spending lots of drive time for nothing. Oh well, life in the modern era. . . .

hort101 likes this.
  4. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get rid of folks like that. To many decent people out there that want service.

ETM likes this.
  5. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I am definitely tired of “I sent a text, how come you haven’t responded”

Starting to hate some of this technology

Mdirrigation, oqueoque and hort101 like this.
  6. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a call for an irrigation repair and he was really pushy to fit him in so I scheduled him in earlier than we normally start. Wife gets there at 7:30 and he says he figured it out on his own. I just called and left a message telling him we need to be paid for that time and to expect an invoice, $90,

7. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Just had a discussion with customer about this:dizzy:Explained I'm bizzy and running dangerous equipment and have to focus on my work
    But....
    But nothing that is reality.

8. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I should have clarified, my office number is a landline that I have had for over 20 years. Some people just dont understand all phones don’t receive txt. I think some people use texting as a way to avoid confrontation. I used to give my cell number to a lot of customers but when the txt were coming at 10 and 11 at night I was done with that.

Mdirrigation and hort101 like this.
  9. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Can't blame ya
    Well mine was in reference why I didn't respond on a Saturday while I was mowing my own lawn in a rainstorm:hammerhead:

10. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

I settled with the guy for $25, at least almost covers gas and 30 minutes wasted. I figured he would blow me off.