• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Advertising?? 3 different Companies So Far

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
I have had 3 different companies come to my door within the last 4 days giving free estimates, or lawn apprasials. My question is, I have 7,000 postcards labeled and stamped that I am waiting to send out. In your opinion would you guys send them out now since other companies are already advertising in this area or would you wait until the snow is all melted?

I am in North Central Ohio, This will be my first full year in so I am not 100% sure on timing of my postcards. The snow has melted away in some areas but you still have 3-4 inches in other spots.

Thanks

JDUtah

LawnSite Silver Member
Send 'em early. There is a reason they are out. Once a lead decides, it is hard to persuade them. You want to get to them first.

OP
wingetlawncare

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the reply and the good advice. I dropped them in the mail tonight

rm25x

LawnSite Member
How many did you send out, and can you keep us posted with your return rate?
Mind posting what your post cards looked like?
Always interested in more marketing data, as its not cheap and time consuming.
Thanks.

OP
wingetlawncare

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
I sent out 7,000 and I will be sending out more in mid-march if I need to. I do not have a sample on my computer but when I order more (if needed) I will post it on here for you guys.

I made the mailing list my self. I spent about 3 weeks last fall walking the communities I wanted to send too and talking with the people who happened to be outside. Got great information on approx. how many of the neighbors use lawn care companies, how many different companies operate in that targeted area, and how many people would pay for lawn care if it was from a "professional company".

I will keep you posted on my stats

Thanks

OP
wingetlawncare

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
It was like 21 cents for postage and 6 cents per card. I paid $1,899 to have them printed and shipped to my doorstep. All I did was make the address labels, print them, and the 3 day task of applying them.

I also spent $110.00 to have them designed. A guy in california that I found listed on ifreelance.com designed the cards.

My goal is to have 40 full time accounts by the start of mowing season

OP
wingetlawncare

wingetlawncare

LawnSite Member
I had them printed by a place called Rush Graphics And Forms. They are a third party printing company for a little shop here in my town. The return address on the box they shipped me says they are from chicago