1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advertising for next year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLM-1, Aug 20, 2004.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

when is a good time to start advertising for next year...is now too early or just right? should i distribute flyers more than once...like say now, then Dec or Jan,, then again about March or April? I just want to get a good jump on things...I have expanded my business to another city. Since i go to school in another city then i usually mow in i thought i could just mow here too. I drive back and forth to my main location but have decided to "double my income" mowing here too!

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If you did some advertising now, you'll probably get a few customers. I've always been told that flyering works best when you hit the same areas 3 or 4 times. In the dead of winter, I don't know that you'd get much of a response (for mowing the following spring). Never hurts to try though.