1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising on weekends and nights only

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chevyman1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

we began last week, and I must say, the success rates go way up when you meet most of the people while their home, totally seperates you from the pack. Sunday I met so many nice people in a brand new development...out of 60 homes I knock on the door and either spoke to or left the info when I left, we signed 6 on the spot, 2 more estimates Thursday night, and a topdress job. Not even going to advertise again until this Saturday. All 6 of the people from last week are also getting an Easter Lily

2. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I would like to try that approach. Instead of just knocking on the door, approach them with a flyer and contract in hand.

I came across a few people asking me for contracts. I think this is something they expect from lawn care provider.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi chevyman1,

Good job. There is no doubt in my mind that you will find a lot more success with the way you are doing things.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I was thinking about trying that this year, glad it worked out well for you.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Sunday's usually a great day for doing estimates/advertising. Saturday's can be iffy, a lot of folks have kids sports and other things planned. Seems like I find more people home during the week than on Saturday.