• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Advertising Organics

Keegan

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys!

I have found that people who want an organic lawn will seek me out. I only advertise in the local paper with a small ad. I was thinking maybe I am marketing in the wrong areas where I could get more bang for my buck.

Just wondering what you guys do to market your company? Do you market yourselves to something that is specific to organic or natural?

Thanks for your help!

ICT Bill

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hey guys!

I have found that people who want an organic lawn will seek me out. I only advertise in the local paper with a small ad. I was thinking maybe I am marketing in the wrong areas where I could get more bang for my buck.

Just wondering what you guys do to market your company? Do you market yourselves to something that is specific to organic or natural?

Thanks for your help!
It has always been true - if people do not know about you, how can they buy your service/product
It kind of goes along with the tree falling thing, how does that go?
I would suggest that you market to the folks that are too busy and can afford a service
If you are any where near greenwich you have a very large market

We market as ORGANIC

When we first started, did a few friends yards and they looked so nice, their neighbors would ask us to do theirs, and the referrals started coming in.

We have our web site that my son Danny designed himself. www.GreenWaySpray.com

We have truck logo'd and drive it everywhere to advertise.

We have business cards, and hand them out at every opportunity.

We put out flyers (hang on doors) about 5000

We do a booth at the local home/garden show mainly to sell our product Fulvic Bloom to the Do-It-Yourself people so we can get that market too. BUT it gets us those people that say they HIRE it done, So we then tell them about our fert service.

We Talk about the Service every chance we get, if it fits in a conversation.

We list in the Yellow Pages. Not an ad though.