1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Equinox Lightscapes, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Equinox Lightscapes

Equinox Lightscapes LawnSite Member
    from CT

As I am new to owning my own business I was wondering how you all got your names out there for lighting.

I am working with a graphic designer (who's incredible) who has a backround in marketing. I have the business cards printed, we are now in the desigin phase for advertising and looking to hit the media in the late winter/early spring.

Did you all place ads in local papers, send direct mail, or just work off an existing customer base? The advertising looks very professional but if I don't get it to the eyes of the right people it's useless.

Brief backround:
    I just moved from Cincinnati to CT this year and I am working with another landscape company now (I do not have my own customer base). I have been in the landscape industry 13 years with a focus in hardscapes. I just got into lighting the last 2 years in Cincy and got hooked. I am going to "go it alone" in the spring and really want to focus on lighting.

TIA
    Addam