• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Advertising

lone wolf

LawnSite Member
I have been in business for 5 seasons now. I don't really like the door to door thing. I do however send out 5,000 direct maillings last spring. I have a advertiser in my BNI group that will do 5,000 for $1,700. Is that a good price. That comes out to .34 cents per piece. Last year I paid well over .40 cents. My question is last year I know I spent over 2 grand for direct mail and I just barely made my money back. I will do this direrct mail, but what else can I do?

Big C

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have been in business for 5 seasons now. I don't really like the door to door thing. I do however send out 5,000 direct maillings last spring. I have a advertiser in my BNI group that will do 5,000 for $1,700. Is that a good price. That comes out to .34 cents per piece. Last year I paid well over .40 cents. My question is last year I know I spent over 2 grand for direct mail and I just barely made my money back. I will do this direrct mail, but what else can I do?
If it didn't work for you last year ....why would you think it would work this year.....I would try something different.

kylecal91

LawnSite Member
I think handing out flyers is the cheapest solution to your problem, if you don't like doing it then pay someone else to do it but remember, that's what gives you what you do like to do. (I personally don't LOVE handing them out but if I don't I don't get business, pretty easy decision for me.)

Golfpro21

LawnSite Senior Member
I would take a good look at your content and design....if you had 5000 direct mailings go out....you should have gotten worse case 1% to 1/2% sign up rate.......1% of 5000 is 50.........50 customers more than pays for your costs......something is wrong

Weekendwrench

LawnSite Member
I am making a new filer for this year and I want to know how many of you advertise that you are insured. I am insured but do I need to advertise this? I haven’t in the past.