1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Jan 23, 2011.

1. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I would have gotten this through my :hammerhead:THICK HEAD:hammerhead: a few years earlier than I did. It would have saved me a ton of grief.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I was telling Fl Landscape who first made this point. My realization came during an estimate. Many years ago I gave an (Cheap) estimate and the customer had a fit. She kept asking me questions as to why the price etc and if I took out this and that etc. She Finally agree to give me job and that was exactly when I came to my senses. I quickly told her ""I am sorry but I won't do your job because you think the price is too high and will expect perfect work"" Best thing I ever did because she would have been a real PITA.

I have the new owner but I just lost one of my best customers to a house sale. I can't say we never had a problem. Fact is I sprayed her shrubs and messed up a fresh paint job. But what made her a great customer was attitude she had about the problem. Of course I admitted fault and Yes it cost me money but customer's cost and it is better to give a little to keep a good one than to try and replace them.

3. Frank's Lawn Care

Frank's Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from fla

Yard signs don't work! And the good areas have a cleanup guy that carts everyday and picks them all up. The best thing i've used was fllers so far. Cost is cheap and i though them as i drive by,can do 500 an hr in a big sub. In 3 month i got 50 accounts. If you new keep the good and bad ones and weed them out in the winter. Unless your losing money ,let them go.
    Here in jax there's a flier guy(business name). Think he will design print and hand deliver fliers for i think .07 ea. He said theres other out there doing the same,just not here.
    I'm at 25-30 cuts a week my first yr an stopped doing fliers early. This yr trying to bump to 50 cuts a week. Better savings to make a better winter.