1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by eaglelawn, Jun 23, 2003.

1. eaglelawn

eaglelawn LawnSite Member

What method did you guys use to advertise your business when you were first starting up?

Also, what kind of a return rate did you get on flyers (if you used them).

Thanks a lot.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Passed out 1200 full color very professional looking door hangers in high end residential neighborhood (less than 10 years old) and got 3 calls and landed 2 one-time jobs. Passed out another 800 of the same door hangers in a nice, well established neighborhood and received about 12 calls and landed all those. 1 mowing and the rest were one time jobs...cleanups, scalping and chem apps. Had a local radio station pass out 1600 door hangers and a local cooking show (they only charged $100, so I said "what the heck") and received 0 calls. Once the weather is hitting around 90 degrees constantly, I am going to pass more out in other well established neighborhoods.

MATT

3. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Worked out a deal with the owner of a vacant lot at a busy intersection, near several desirable neighborhoods, to put up a sign. Had a professional painter make a 4X8 sign with my company logo and phone number. Total investment was $250.00. I get calls weekly because of the sign and home owners always know where to get my number, unlike an expired newspaper ad or thrown away door hangers. I later had a like sign built for the tailgate of my trailer.

:blob4: