1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for sales positions and courses

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ocutter, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been in business for 11 yrs now. I started young and did my own thing when it came to operating the business. Over a pd. of time I began to get burnt out and thought of something better so went to part time and did other things. I still have that gnawing in the back of my head to get back into it but I need help. I would like to get back into the business so that I can concentrate only on that and not 3,000 other things like before. So I need an estimator/designer and a lead for a crew of 2. I usually paid my guys 8-10/hr depending on attendance, exp., etc., but i am unsure on what estimators, crew leaders and designers go for these days.
    My questions are:
    - Can these 3 positions (Crew leader, designer, and seller/estimator) ALL be salaried?
    - What qualifications do you look for in an seller/estimator?
    - I would like to take courses on just running the busines. Any reccommendations on who might offer that? I have checked local community colleges and they just offer startup courses which I already know.

Im sure ill have more questions later. Thanks all in advance for your help.

Chris