1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for the future...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I haven't been on lately with school and mowing. I'm finishing the year with about $2500 in savings. I want your guys' advice on what to do for next year. I want an enclosed trailer 5' X 8' or 5' X 10' so I can have my equipment locked up at all times and not have to unload every night. I will need to pay another 6 months of insurance (about $850 for 6 months) after mine runs out on January 19th. I will also be purchasing new tire in the spring, and would like to get a new push mower, maybe a honda HRX, and use my toro for back-up. I have a 1989 ford ranger I will be putting in the paper and 2 drumsets I will be selling also. I have a job on Saturdays that will pay my car payment and gas. I am also applying for a job at K-mart and will apply at others to work for the winter and early spring. How do you guys feel I should spend my money. How much should an enclosed trailer cost me. I plan on paying off my truck next year and then getting a ZTR. Thanks for any advice you guys have.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my personal opinion is save your money and get a 6x12 open trailer instead. I know that you said you wanted to not have to unload things, but I say get the open, and unload/load everyday.