• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Advice from the Professionals

devnuts

LawnSite Member
I only mow about 8-10hrs a week....My house and some friends and family members. Most of these lawns are pretty large. I want to get a rider and am looking at some of the reidential/commercial models. What do you guys recommend for a decent machine with a good cut? I know you get what you pay for but I figure you guys might steer me in right direction. Right now looking at the Cub Cadet Z-force 60inch, I already own a exmark 48 walk behind....

eaglejrl

LawnSite Member
NO CUB CADET. I have a z-force 44 with about 130 hours. I have replaced the spindles on it about 4 times, even though I grease them every time I go out. The deck has cracked and has had to be welded. The air filter system is lousy. I finally went and bought an exmark.

ProStreetCamaro

LawnSite Platinum Member
NO CUB CADET. I have a z-force 44 with about 130 hours. I have replaced the spindles on it about 4 times, even though I grease them every time I go out. The deck has cracked and has had to be welded. The air filter system is lousy. I finally went and bought an exmark.

Here we go again. Your comparing a residential mower to a commercial one.

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
Do A Search!