1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Advice from the Professionals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by devnuts, Mar 29, 2007.

1. devnuts

devnuts LawnSite Member
    from CT

I only mow about 8-10hrs a week....My house and some friends and family members. Most of these lawns are pretty large. I want to get a rider and am looking at some of the reidential/commercial models. What do you guys recommend for a decent machine with a good cut? I know you get what you pay for but I figure you guys might steer me in right direction. Right now looking at the Cub Cadet Z-force 60inch, I already own a exmark 48 walk behind....

2. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

NO CUB CADET. I have a z-force 44 with about 130 hours. I have replaced the spindles on it about 4 times, even though I grease them every time I go out. The deck has cracked and has had to be welded. The air filter system is lousy. I finally went and bought an exmark.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Here we go again. Your comparing a residential mower to a commercial one.

4. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

with 8-10 hours a week, if your 48" walkbehind works, just use it. if you dont already have a sulkie, get one.

5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Do A Search!

6. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

Duh! I'm trying to let him know that buying a cub cadet would be a mistake - even if it was used only as a residential mower.