Advice on 1st new ztr

micah5634

LawnSite Member
I will be buying my first new zero turn next week. Only have a few dealers near me the ones i have been looking at are.
1. john deere z425 48inch 23hp briggs for 3899.00
2. hustler 48inch sport with 16hp honda and izt trans for 3799.00
3. gravely 48inch 2448xl with 24hp kawasaki and zt 28oo trans for 3899.00
any advice on these would be great thanks.

Premier landscaping south

LawnSite Senior Member
All very nice machines, that goes without saying. I would stick with the gravely. Good engine w/ Kawasaki and good hp.

Dealer relationship is important. Did you get a good vibe at the dealers? Which dealer has a better service dept? How far away is each dealer? Just some things to think about.

OP
M

micah5634

LawnSite Member
All dealers are about 10 miles away.The dealer told me the gravely has the consumer kawasaki on itlike they are using on some of the cub cadets.

dwost

LawnSite Bronze Member
All three are solid choices. I'd demo them all and pick the one that feels best. I'd personally go with either the Hustler or Gravely but that's me. Don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Best of luck!

shotgunshane

LawnSite Member
I looked at the same models you are when I was searching. Ultimately I decided to spend a little more money on an HD Gravely. Both the Hustler and the Gravely seemed like much tougher machines than the JD. Of those 3, I liked the specs and options of the Gravely best but the Hustler warranty better.

Like others have said, the dealer could be your swaying point.

betmr

LawnSite Bronze Member
One point to keep in mind about John Deere. They have a lot of their assemblies made just for them. You will note that many of their engine models are exclusive to JD. Many times some parts can only be obtained through JD dealer.

I have always found Gravely equipment to be strong, and well built.

LawnCareNoobie

LawnSite Senior Member
I will be buying my first new zero turn next week. Only have a few dealers near me the ones i have been looking at are.
1. john deere z425 48inch 23hp briggs for 3899.00
2. hustler 48inch sport with 16hp honda and izt trans for 3799.00
3. gravely 48inch 2448xl with 24hp kawasaki and zt 28oo trans for 3899.00
any advice on these would be great thanks.

The Gravely looks like the best one to me.

Sport42

LawnSite Member
Get the Hustler Sport 48 with the B & S 21. That one should be $300-400 less than the Sport 48 with the Honda...

OP
M

micah5634

LawnSite Member
I test drove the hustler with the 21hp briggs and the 16hp honda the price difference was 300.00 but the honda is way smoother.This weekend i hope to try out the deere and the gravely.

Top Forums