Advice on Bobcat ztr

bulldogg

LawnSite Member
Not sure of the model but I have a chance to purchase a Bobcat ztr with 48'' deck and 19hp kawasaki motor that is brand new and the ztr has 800 hours on it,new seat , new pto clutch, new belts, & all hydros work as they should.

The guy is asking 3,400 for it. I have never owned one and not sure of the reliabilty and maintenance costs.

What do you think?

JimQ

LawnSite Bronze Member
Not sure of the model but I have a chance to purchase a Bobcat ztr with 48'' deck and 19hp kawasaki motor that is brand new and the ztr has 800 hours on it,new seat , new pto clutch, new belts, & all hydros work as they should.

The guy is asking 3,400 for it. I have never owned one and not sure of the reliabilty and maintenance costs.

What do you think?

That's a tough question to answer without the model. See if you can get that and I'll bet you get some help.

Q

OP
B

bulldogg

LawnSite Member
I emailed the guy to find out the year and model but here are some pics of the unit in question

3mc3p33oa5Te5Sb5R9a2bf97a06393fb712b7.jpg

3n23kc3o95O95T15Rba2bbc06a42e9e941e5a.jpg

milo

LawnSite Bronze Member
it looks like a good model but... are you sure its a brand new engine? with receipt and warranty? also why did he change the seat with a cheap seat? and are all spindles bearings quiet? bobcat spindle bearings seem to go quick.. so, if engine is new and you need this machine 3400.00 not to bad, 3000.00 would be a good deal. if engine not proven to be new and no receipt and warranty for it i would give 2500.00 for it. bobcat mowers and good mowers but just dont take his word engine is new with no receipt or warranty proof..

OP
B

bulldogg

LawnSite Member
it looks like a good model but... are you sure its a brand new engine? with receipt and warranty? also why did he change the seat with a cheap seat? and are all spindles bearings quiet? bobcat spindle bearings seem to go quick.. so, if engine is new and you need this machine 3400.00 not to bad, 3000.00 would be a good deal. if engine not proven to be new and no receipt and warranty for it i would give 2500.00 for it. bobcat mowers and good mowers but just dont take his word engine is new with no receipt or warranty proof..

Very good advice. Thanks

B&M

LawnSite Senior Member
Bob-cats are great machines, but I would shop a little the model your are looking at is the fastcat. You could find one new for 1500.00 more than his asking price. (At least you could in my area.)

OP
B

bulldogg

LawnSite Member
The guy emailed me back and said that it was a 2005 and a Procat model and he had replaced the engine a year ago and has the receipt. He also said he would take 3,000.00

milo

LawnSite Bronze Member
well thats a newer engine, if you really like the mower and need it 3000. not to bad but i would do 2700.00 unless i really needed that size

OP
B

bulldogg

LawnSite Member
I have been looking around and I cant find a websie that sells accessories or parts for them

hawaii

LawnSite Member
The website for bobcat is bobcatturf.com. All of my bobcats have been great machines. The 19 hp kawasaki is a little underpowered but it does get the job done. Don't know why the motor would need to be replace at 800hrs, I have run all of mine well past 1000 - 1500 hrs and never replaced a motor yet.
Corey

Top Forums