Advice on several used mowers

bulldogg

LawnSite Member
I have several options to buy a used mower and was wanting to get some opinions. Please no bashing or asking me why or what I have now. I just need advice and opinions on the machines listed.

1. EXMARK LAZER Z 60" CUT MOWER 25HP KOHLER - 2045 hours in good condition for $ 3,200

2. Scag tiger mower 52" not sure what kind of motor - 3300 hours in good condition for $ 2,800.00

3. 2005) Exmark 52 inch rider with vaccum 1120 hrs 23 hp motor $ 3,000.00

4. Toro Z-Master 52" - $2800 20hp Kohler Command Runs good - cuts good
Tires around 85% good

I am looking for a used ztr and so far these are what I am coming up with. I am looking to spend 3 to 4 grand.

OP
B

bulldogg

LawnSite Member
I am not sure about the hours on #4. I called the place but they may be closed due to the bad weather in my area. #4 is at a mower dealer so I was thinking it may be the way to go. They claimed they checked it over good

I MOW ALONE

LawnSite Silver Member
well depends on hours on the toro and what deck it has. but with #3 you are getting the vacuum and they aint cheap. i would probably have to say #3 is your best bet unless #4 has the turbo force deck and has pretty low hours.

Lugnut

LawnSite Senior Member
I agree on 3 and 4 being possibilities...watch the hours on #4 though, its got a kohler motor and they often go around 2,000 hours

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
I love my scags but that one has to many hours on it. the last one sounds best.

hackitdown

LawnSite Gold Member
I have one like #3, and that sounds like a fair price for one. You should be able to get some work out of it. Too many hours on the others.

LouisianaLawnboy

LawnSite Silver Member
3 for me also

Top Forums