• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

aerating

sildoc

LawnSite Silver Member
Search button.
spring and fall while turf is still activily growing. Do a search on aeration there is a flyer that has a bunch of info that you can copy and print to hand out to potential customers.

PMLAWN

LawnSite Gold Member
What type of soil do you have there? I live in North Carolina in the US and it is all clay. Aeration is great for us. If you have sand it may not be as beneficial.
Do you have to do hills or just flat--Large areas or just small lots. All this will affect the aerator you want. Can you rent some. Try some out before you buy.

plateau lawn care

LawnSite Member
If you are going to buy one get one that is cam operated. It has 4 wheels on it and you don't have to fight it as bad the other ones will work you to death. Do a google search for cam aerators, I think Billy Goat makes one

GREENITUP

LawnSite Senior Member
plateau lawn care said:
If you are going to buy one get one that is cam operated. It has 4 wheels on it and you don't have to fight it as bad the other ones will work you to death. Do a google search for cam aerators, I think Billy Goat makes one
The plugr machine by Rock Solid is what you want. I just got one in August and can tell you it is easier to operate and tires you out less than many other machines on the market (I learned this the hard way!). It pulls great plugs too. Good luck.

sildoc

LawnSite Silver Member
GREENITUP said:
The plugr machine by Rock Solid is what you want. I just got one in August and can tell you it is easier to operate and tires you out less than many other machines on the market (I learned this the hard way!). It pulls great plugs too. Good luck.
I second that.

OP
G

garth1967

LawnSite Senior Member
thanks for the advice gang im still deciding if i should buy or rent one it would be good operate one before buying

PMLAWN

LawnSite Gold Member
GREENITUP said:
If you have hills the old pluger will be hard to work. Be sure to get the new one that is self propelled

Pro-lawns

LawnSite Member
i have a Ryan Lawn aire its great
i bought it last spring and had it paid for by november
it is a good machine