Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 3 different company's give me prices on renovating my yard, this will include aeration,seeding,fert. prices have ranged from 3 to 5 cent per sq ft up to 12 cent per sq ft. using Kentucky 31 fescue,starter fert, core aeration.my yard has app 10,000 Sq ft.This just seems to be a big difference in sq ft prices, I live in south Carolina can someone please tell if this is the average price per ft. any help would be appreciated

· Registered
330 Posts
Look deeper into the companies and EXACTLY what they are going to do. Some one can come in aerate, seed, and fert in a couple hours then leave you hanging to figure the rest out for yourself. Others will walk you through the process, check in to make sure that everything is going well and proper maint. is being done. Ask for references from these guys and check them.

There are a lot of shady people out there especially in this industry, some will overcharge for average service, some will give you less for a lower price. Just make sure you are clear on what you are getting for the price and get it in writing. Ask for a some type of guarantee on their work.

· Registered
4,092 Posts
Kentucky 31 ain't the best seed either.

· Registered
6 Posts
here in ky. we use ky.31 for hay and cattle pasture.i would think you would want a turf fescue. it is a tough grass and can take alot of abuse but it has a wide blade. theres alot of people that use it for lawns because it was cheap. not anymore , it's as high as turf fescue now.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the information,I have decided to go with the Trigold transition blend fescue (cert) from Lesco. After doing some research and asking questions I have come to the conclusion these guys who have giving me estimates, don't have a clue what there doing.:hammerhead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.