1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Aeration in the Fall

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by valley boy, Oct 3, 2005.

1. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

How many try and sell Aeration to their customers in the fall ?? how many go for it ??

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Fall is the best time for aerations. I suspect that every company that offers aeration markets this service in the fall. I sell more aerations to homeowners that cut their own grass then I do to my regular customers. These homeowners know that it is great for their lawn, but don't have an aerator sitting in their garage like they do a mower and spreader.

3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Just did 7 aerations this last weekend and 2 oversseding jobs, and 1 dethatching job. I would say it sells pretty well.

Kevin

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

It's getting late for overseeding here (their talking possible frost next week), but I still sold 3 aeration/seeding jobs today to non mowing customers. These will get done in the morning while the dew is drying and I will have made $500 in 2 hours work with $90 of seed (Lesco Transition blend @ .85¢/lb + tax) used. Fert is sold separately because it is sold as a program, but many aeration sales come from current TGCL customers. I landed one of these for next years fert program.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We will be plugging lawns until the ground freezes.And as previously stated fall is best time.