• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Aeration in the Fall

Soupy

LawnSite Gold Member
Fall is the best time for aerations. I suspect that every company that offers aeration markets this service in the fall. I sell more aerations to homeowners that cut their own grass then I do to my regular customers. These homeowners know that it is great for their lawn, but don't have an aerator sitting in their garage like they do a mower and spreader.

Soupy

LawnSite Gold Member
Mower For Less said:
Just did 7 aerations this last weekend and 2 oversseding jobs, and 1 dethatching job. I would say it sells pretty well.

Kevin
It's getting late for overseeding here (their talking possible frost next week), but I still sold 3 aeration/seeding jobs today to non mowing customers. These will get done in the morning while the dew is drying and I will have made $500 in 2 hours work with $90 of seed (Lesco Transition blend @ .85¢/lb + tax) used. Fert is sold separately because it is sold as a program, but many aeration sales come from current TGCL customers. I landed one of these for next years fert program.

6'7 330

LawnSite Bronze Member
We will be plugging lawns until the ground freezes.And as previously stated fall is best time.