Lawn Care Forum banner

aeration overseeding price per 1,000

12K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  mhussey 
#1 ·
I am planning my aeration campaign and wondering the prices people are charging to aerate and overseed per 1,000 sq ft. Also how many lbs of seed per 1,000 sq ft are you applying.

#4 ·
We are at $40 per 1000 sq ft. Pounds of seed depends on what type of seed you use. I always go a little heavy anyway. We also run a $200 minimum. Some of the small lawns are just a few thousand sq ft and you need to cover your time and equip.

#7 ·
I hope that you are only using this info for comparison reasons. You need to use your cost per hour + materials + profit = cost to customer. You will need to know the time per square foot of the machine that you will be using. You don't even know what is included with these other prices. You need to charge what you need to get to do this work and make a profit. Most business advisers will tell you that you will lose charging by the sf. Will you be removing the cores? Hope my rambling helps

#10 ·
For price per 1000 -

Aerating - is this one pass or two passes and what type of machine - a standard ryan or lesco walk behind, or a fancy ride on unit.

for seeding - is it with a slit seeder or do you just broadcast the seed?

I would think this would make a difference in the quality of the job.

#11 ·
Do you guys have a minimum for aerating and does the price for overseeding include spreading topsoil over the overseeded areas. I have a job where the lawn is really patchy and they want it aerated and then have us overseed it and spead topsoil over the areas and i have no idea what to change.

#12 ·
rodfather said:
$32 per K for aerating and reseeding. 5 or 6 lbs. per K of seed.
Rodfather,

This may seem like a dumb question, however, does the price indicated include the price of seed and fertilizer and lime ( If req. ), or is this just the price to aerate and broadcast seed and then add materals on top of that price?

Thanks,

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.