Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have less than a week old aerator Ryan IV. I might just put it up for sale and lose some money on it..

Cannot see myself aerating for the same cost as mowing a lawn lol..
So far, all bids have been declined. Most have mentioned they can get it done for 20 to 30 bucks. I am bidding under 5k sq ft lots, trying to get $45 to $55 for these.

I have used it on my lawn, and 2 customers out of 30 that went with my price. I will just mow, much easier.

At this point, I will take a loss and sell for $1800. That should save someone a descent amount plus the tax if you were weighing on buying a new one anyway..

·
Registered
108 Posts
i can aerate a lawn faster then it take to mow. Theres no trimming to do. when you goto a house to do it, ask the nieghbors if they want their lawn done too. my aetator has made me ton of money

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How on earth can you aerate as fast as you mow???
Maybe I am not using it right. Which wouldnt surprise me. I do back n forth passes, which means after each pass I have to lift the rear, spin it around, then go with next pass. Or lower wheels turn it around for the next pass. Alot of turning it around takes me alot of time. Which on the smaller lots, I am always turning it around. I dont know how these are rated at 26k-28k an hour in the real world unless that is forward motion with no stops.
If there is a trick to speed up the process, please do share with a newbie at this so I don't have to learn the hard way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.