Lawn Care Forum banner

Aerator help, please.

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  grassmasterswilson 
#1 ·
I mow several sports fields for my counties American Youth Soccer Organization. Recently I have been asked to estimate aeration and over seeding. I don't own an aerator and am going crazy looking through posts trying to decide the best route to go. I can not afford a dedicated unit at this time so I need a ztr attached aerator. I would like something that would also be useful for residential lawns. I have looked in to Jrco and Zrator. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to spend no more than 2500$.

#2 ·
Been a multi unit owner for several years with the ZRATOR. I choose that over the JRCO because it uses the same tines as most walk behind aerators.
Also we have some properties that have very compacted soil. You can transfer the weight of the mower to get the depth you want.
Hope this helps!

#3 ·
Been a multi unit owner for several years with the ZRATOR. I choose that over the JRCO because it uses the same tines as most walk behind aerators.
Also we have some properties that have very compacted soil. You can transfer the weight of the mower to get the depth you want.
Hope this helps!
Would you feel comfortable aerating Sports Fields with it? These fields are aprox. 80,000 sg ft. each. I'm not sure if a pull behind might be better. I really don't know which route to take. Any more suggestions?

#4 ·
Would you feel comfortable aerating Sports Fields with it? These fields are aprox. 80,000 sg ft. each. I'm not sure if a pull behind might be better. I really don't know which route to take. Any more suggestions?
You are right, you might be better off with a pull behind, because you fields are straight, so turning is not as important. I use ZRATOR's because nothing we aerate is ever just straight lines.

#5 ·
Why not rent a small tractor with aerator and spreader and knock them out?

Could your really pull quality cores with a ztr attachment?

There are ride on aerators on the market that are good but you need to have the accounts to justify it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.