Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Imow4u2, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. Imow4u2

    Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 377

    Anyone know where i can get replacement tines for a Toro 88 Aerator. All I have for aftermarket is J-thomas and they don't carry them. It has a half inch tine on it now, my local Toro dealer lists a 3/4 tine but not a half...
  2. Littleriver1

    Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 811

    Yours may be 3/4". If the dealer is measuring the outside and you are measuring the inside. I have never seen a 1/2".
  3. Imow4u2

    Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 377

    Could be, I have two broken. I'll have him order some in and we'll compare
  4. turfcobob

    turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 878

    If memory serves me correctly the unit you are talking about is the old Olathe that they sold Toro back in the 80s. I am sure the Turfco Tine will fit the unit because they used the Ryan design tine. You can oder them on the Turfco web site for like $2.65 or call 800-679-8201.

    When you are looking at tine specs you have to be careful. Some Mfgs measure the inside and some the outside. Also you have to make sure it is a tine for a lawn machine not a golf machine. Ryan makes tines out of different thicknesses of steel. The golf tines for their tractor pull or 3 pt units will not work in lawn aerators as the OD is too big and will distort the tine plates when installed. Lawn tines are of a thinner stronger steel and more hard with a smaller OD. The Turfco tine is an exact copy of the Ryan Lawnaire tine and will fit almost all production rolling lawn aerators.

Share This Page